Tuesday, September 13, 2011

our weekends

I love our weekends.
This past weekend was a great weekend.
Friday was spent at the beach for a play date.
Becca and her friends looking for shells.

her hair looks red in this picture.

I love this picture I got with my camera. Her shirt, tutu and facial expression just gets to me.


Our gift to her for her birthday is a Red Flyer Wagon. Daddy and Becca are working hard to put it together while Allie supervises.


I think she loves it!

Saturday night we celebrated my birthday with Jason's parents. Becca had some tickle time with Grandpa. It was adorable!

She has recently learned where her belly button is and will show me 50 times a day. She was showing us here where it was just in case you weren't sure where it is located.

Our weekends are special. I feel like I try to squeeze the most out of them. Becca loves having Daddy home and so does Mommy. Saturdays usually have some type of adventure and Sundays, oh Sundays. I love Sundays.
I love the feeling of Sundays, like when you take a blanket out of the dryer and wrap yourself up in it. Our Sunday's are started off with hearing the Lord's word, followed by brunch and then the best part. Sunday afternoon naps.
Our naps are echoed with the sound of football that Daddy watches while the girls (including Allie) take our nap.
I try and save my favorite meal for Sunday nights. I hope we always keep this tradition of having everyone home for Sunday night dinners. I picture our table surrounded with kids and stories of the past week and what is going on in their lives at the moment and stories ending with bellowing laughs. 
Our weekends. Only 5 days till our weekend returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment