Wednesday, September 28, 2011

62 Minutes to Save the World

This blog is inspired by Enjoying the Small Things


The blog that inspired me to do this post is a stay home mother of 2 and had been busy with day to day chores and errands and experimented with taking one hour and giving her 2 kids her full attention, and giving it her all. As a mother of one and understanding sometimes the laundry, or dinner or dishes sometimes overwhelm us and we have a little one at our ankle fussing and wanting our undivided attention can be a struggle sometimes. Recently, our house has been sick. Just stomach bug and sinus infection sick and I felt a sense of guilt of not being able to give Becca my all, my A game. I know the whole "you can't take care of others if you don't take care of your self" saying, but it was really hard. I think it was hard because its been more than a week of sickness. So, now that I am feeling better her blog inspired me. I wanted to give Becca my undivided attention.. my all.

So, here I tracked it. Pulling out of our drive way at 5:18. Calling the hubby and letting him know that we were off for an adventure and we would be home soon.

The beach was our adventure. I am sad to say living so close to the beach you would think that wouldn't be an adventure but we take it for granted.

I let her play in the sand and didn't stress about her being a mess or trying to stay clean. She loves to dig!

We explored...

We searched for shells...

We awed at the waves crashing...

We sat in wet sand and watched surfers...

We left imprints...

and made it back in time for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment